Subject: Re: Lightwave object format primitives
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 14:33:45 EDT

Hi Chris,
Just wanted to say hello and that I liked your demo reel. Hope you enjoyed
Siggraph again this year. What I was wondering is, now that you are out
of school, what are you looking for as an animator? Do you want to work
for some huge megalith of a company like ILM, or are you more interested
in a smaller working group? Are you interested in computer effects or more
more feature oriented work? I don't have a position at the moment (not until
we are further down the road with our presentation and bid), and chances
are you will have taken a position before we are ready to hire. But I
thought I would ask and at least get you thinking about the direction
you would like to take. Some people think that working at ILM would be the
greatest achievement they could make as an animator. Quite frankly, many
are disappointed once they get there with long hours, bad pay, high turnover
rates, and worst of all, potentially boring and repititous work. Don't let
me scare you away (a friend of mine just went there 6 months ago and still
loves it). I just thought you should know that the big houses aren't always
the nirvana that many people make them out to be. Frequently, you get more
enjoyment and variety out of smaller operations.
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
%      `       '        Mark Thompson                 CONCURRENT COMPUTER  %
% --==* RADIANT *==--   [email-masked]        Principal Graphics   %
%      ' Image `        ...!uunet!masscomp!mark       Hardware Architect   %
%     Productions       (508)392-2480 (603)424-1829   & General Nuisance   %
%                                                                          %
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~